- How EU sustainability initiatives like the Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive will be reflected in regulatory activities
- China’s regulatory system, with a focus on food contact standards and compliance and future priorities in food packaging safety and regulation
- India’s circular economy action plan and its impact on food and food packaging
- Updates to MERCOSUR’s FCM Laws and PET Recycling in South America
- Health Canada’s current review program for food-contact materials and options under consideration for its future
- Overviews and updates on the regulation of food packaging materials in Korea, Japan, the Middle East, Uruguay, Paraguay, and Brazil
- The latest overview and technical guidance from U.S. FDA for food-contact materials and the toxicology review process
15th Biennial International Symposium on Worldwide Regulation of Food Packaging
Successful compliance leadership is based on relationships and education. This Summit connects compliance and advocacy experts representing every point in the supply chain from raw ingredients to consumers, as well as the academics, regulators, and other partners that help us advance innovation, reduce risks, and promote the benefits of food packaging in a sustainable fashion.
- Phil Berrier, PrintPack
DOWNLOAD OUR EVENT APP
The Biennial PLASTICS’ Food, Drug, and Cosmetics Packaging Materials Committee International Symposium is the premier event in the plastics industry focused on global food packaging regulation. The symposium brings together experts from government, industry, and scientific institutions around the world to convene and discuss regulatory obstacles to the global marketing of food packaging materials, efforts to overcome those obstacles, and other emerging priorities. Regulatory authorities take this opportunity to compare their respective national and regional approaches to addressing emerging safety considerations for food packaging materials, considering the latest scientific developments and perspectives from the industry presented by participating global companies and trade associations.
Overall, the [event] was a great success. PLASTICS brings together a vast array of subject matter experts from the industry to share knowledge. The group also does a great job showcasing the challenges the industry faces and what is being done to counter them.
-Joshua DeWitt, Amcor Flexible Packaging
As a first time attendee, the information I received from the presentations gave me insight, into new laws, restrictions and direction that our industry (plastics) is being required to adhere to, in order to continue to supply our customers.
- John Piscitello, Royce Global
Over 50 companies are already registered and eager to attend this year's event, including:
Amcor Rigid Packaging * BASF * Braskem * Chevron Phillips Chemical Company * Closure Systems International * Colortech, Inc. * Color Synthesis Solutions * ExxonMobil * FoodChain ID * Ingenia Polymers * Intertek Assuris * Intralox * LyondellBassell * McCormick and Co * National Institute of Health Sciences * NatureWorks * Nouryon Chemicals * NOVA Chemicals * PolyQuest * PPG Packaging Coatings * Printpack * Royce Global * Sevee & Maher Engineers * Sherwin-Williams * Silgan Closures * TekniPlex, Inc. * Teknor Apex * U.S. Food and Drug Administration
Want More Information?
<div style="text-align: center; font-size:22px"> Form submitted. Thank you! </div>